Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

NCTE Convention 2010

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the NCTE (National Council of Teachers of English) convention in Orlando this past week-end and meet some of my favorite authors! I got many authors to autograph books for my collection, including Gary Paulsen, Neal Shusterman, Heather Brewer, Gordon Korman, Margaret Peterson Haddix, Danette Hayworth, Melissa de la Cruz, Gareth Hinds, Lois Lowry, Megan Whelan Turner, and Susan Campbell Bartoletti.

As if that wasn't cool enough, the many publishers there were handing out advanced reading copies of  upcoming books!  I ended up with bags (yes, big bags!) of books that are scheduled for release over the course of the next year.  I'm already digging in! So be prepared!  My next few posts may be about books that you may have to wait for!  But those that I've already read are well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!